5 Tips to Choose Your Dog’s Bed
Your dog likes to nap and sleep soundly, so he needs a comfortable place to rest and relax. This is just as important as providing his own food and water bowls.
Dog beds are also a good source of insulation in the winter and summer, acting as a barrier between the cold ground and the warm ground. But how do you choose the best dog bed?
In today’s article, we give you the best tips to help you decide which bed is ideal for your dog.
How to Choose a Dog’s Bed
It is normal that you are undecided when choosing the best bed for your dog, because it is not an easy thing, however we give you some hints and aspects that you should consider and that can help you in your decision.
1.Size of the Dog Bed
Your dog’s sleeping habits are just as important as his size. It’s very important to choose a bed that your dog fits perfectly in: don’t settle for just any bed.
The best way to know how much space your dog sleeps in is very simple:
- You need to measure him while he’s sleeping. Add a few extra inches when you buy the bed for safety (it’s always better to go a little higher than to go lower).
- The way you sleep is the key to choosing one bed or another. Pay attention!
- If you like to sleep lying down, you need a wide, borderless mattress or quilted bed.
- If, on the other hand, your dog likes to sleep in small places to feel more sheltered, curled up, he needs a bed that is a little smaller and has margins on which he can support his body weight while sleeping. Cribs or plastic beds with a soft cushion are a good option.
2.Location of Your Dog’s Bed
You’ll need to decide on the location of the bed before you choose one:
– If your pet is going to sleep indoors, a quiet place where it won’t disturb or be disturbed is ideal.
– If your dog sleeps outdoors, you should choose a bed that is resistant to mold, mildew and other environmental factors to avoid causing health problems for your dog.
– In addition, you should provide a shelter such as these sheds for his well-being:
3.Cleaning Your Dog’s Bed
The dog bed pad can help keep the house clean (or at least cleaner) by concentrating hair and odors in one area that you can wash when you see fit. Find a waterproof bed for easy cleaning. Oh, and don’t forget that you can apply cologne after bathing your friend.
If you’re looking for a bed for a puppy, you need to think about his growth before you buy it. You can start with a bed for his puppy stage and then another type of mattress or cushion for adult dogs.
5.Orthopedic Dog Beds
If your dog has bone or joint problems, the choice is much simpler because beds for older or sick dogs are made of orthopedic foam. You can check this aspect by pressing on the mattress, if it returns to its original shape within seconds, that’s what you are looking for. Also remember that this bed should be placed in an accessible area that does not require effort to access.
A good dog mattress will provide your pet with a soft and comfortable place to rest, which will increase their quality of life. In summary, what your dog needs is a comfortable and spacious bed according to its size, which insulates the cold and heat of the summer from the ground, with quality materials and which is easy to clean.
What dog breed do you have? And apart from the bed, what else do you need to buy for him? Let us know in the comments below.
1 thought on “5 Tips to Choose Your Dog’s Bed”